Monday, July 26, 2010

It's going to be HOT

The group had a pre-trip meeting this Sunday. We were forewarned...it is going to be hot, real hot. Like legs sticking together, looks like I just jumped in a lake hot! I have never been too fond of intense heat, it might be the hardest part of the trip. In this crazy heat we will be building a church, a home and a school (not in totality but additions and repairs). The interesting story is about the school. The church that we are staying at is also a school. It has the rooms available and the entire building has been inspected and approved, it is safe. However, the children are so scared to be inside (they live in tents). So we are putting a roof and short wall around the side of the church for the children to attend school. It's sad to hear how fear is crippling the people. It's not just the children. The leaders of the trip just returned from a short visit to Haiti and spoke of this air of hopelessness. I can not imagine a life without hope. For me, hope is found in your reason for living, whatever it may be. My prayer is that we provide the building to rebuild hope. That we can give at least one person a place to find hope in the church, school or their own home.

7 Days and Counting

1 comment:

  1. Boo heat but yay Haiti! Michael and I are so excited for you and will definitely be praying! Please feel free to text me specific prayer requests as time gets closer (and I'm sure nerves get more intense). We are confident that Christ will use you and the others as His ambassadors and hope.

    ReplyDelete