Friday, August 6, 2010

The Feeling

Today is the day...we are leaving for Little Rock tonight to fly to Haiti early in the morning. As the hour is quickly approaching, I am cool, calm and collected. People keep asking me if I am excited or worried or anxious. My response: ahhh, not really. I am not worried, I know I am well cared for and protected physically and mentally. I am not anxious for I am prepared. If I have forgotten something, all I need to do is look around and remember people live and work with a lot less. And finally, am I excited? Well, it's hard manual labor in blistering hot heat. I do not think excited is the word. I think if I had to describe this state with a single word, it would be open. I have few expectations for the trip. I know that we will help the people, I know that it will effect me. The emotions that are expected come from details. Since I know few details, I have little emotion. It is quite liberating to know that I am going into the unknown with complete confidence. This is what it means to trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment